Public Affairs Officer
Our client is a leading voice amongst its industry and plays a crucial role in its development through thought-leadership, governmental change and industry collaboration. As Public Affairs Officer you will be joining an expanding advocacy team that work on crucial campaigns into the House, government departments and industry.
- You will have ownership of particular issues and campaigns, being able to strategize from inception, in collaboration with other members of the team, how best to execute these campaigns.
- You will support their policy-led influencing strategies. Positioning our client as the ‘go to’ on their issues by communicating their messages clearly and persuasively to politicians, you will also provide solutions to government on some of the biggest issues of the day.
- You will fully brief the Chief Executive and Chairman on key issues and provide lines to take to ensure they are prepared for meetings with MPs, Ministers and Special Advisors.
- Research, writing reports, managing high profile events and responding to consultations and enquiries will all also feature in the role as you champion the views of the construction industry and shape policy.
- Have experience of working in a Public Affairs position and working on/implementing campaigns; you will also be able to demonstrable experience of working with parliamentarians, special advisors and civil servants. Display a genuine interest in learning the industry issues and its objectives (prior experience working in the field is not necessary).
- A good understanding of the political system and how the process works across all three UK parliaments
- Political awareness
- Planning, managing, implementing and evaluating proactive political engagement campaigns, including policy development
- Experience of working with MPs and Ministers
- Ability to engage the media on political issues